My Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Registering

This past weekend, we set up our baby registries. It's way early, obviously, but we did it anyway. I've been doing a lot of research on baby gear, and the registries served the purpose of allowing me to get all of my thoughts in one place. Plus, there's no Babies R Us in our town - we started our registry while we were near the store in the adjacent town.

We started at Babies R Us. I think I've only been to that store once or twice. It's definitely overwhelming. There are SO many choices. We chose a stroller (the one I mentioned here) and car seat that we liked, and we registered for a few other things. My husband is obsessed with the idea of this baby needing a Jumperoo. He keeps saying that he wants it to become a professional wakeboarder. I THINK he's kidding, but you never know...

We also set up a registry at Target, but that place was pretty terrible. There was no selection at the store we visited, so we ended up setting things up online. The trouble with setting up a registry online is that you run the risk of registering for items that are available only online - not in stores. So, at some point, I'll have to check to see if the stuff we picked is actually in stock in the stores, too.

Compared to the wedding registry, a baby registry is actually easier. There was a lot of up-front research in figuring out which stroller and car seat we wanted, but, overall, you don't need to register for very many things. There are only about a dozen total items on the registries so far (although we may add a few things once we know the gender). Putting together the registry actually made the whole process seem less overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment