My Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Decorating the nursery

Currently, my husband and I live in a 3 bedroom townhouse. For a variety of reasons, we're not in any rush to buy a house. When we moved into our current place, we specifically rented it because it will be big enough for a baby, at least for awhile. Now, we (okay, me) are trying to figure out how to decorate the nursery.

On the 30th, we'll figure out whether we're having a boy or a girl (hopefully), and then I'll be able to start figuring out what theme to use for the nursery. For a boy, we'll probably go with airplanes and / or cars. My husband and I are both into mechanical things, so it's a no brainer. Plus, my husband has a whole bunch of little cars and airplanes, and he's been saying for years that he wants to use them in a baby room.

For a girl, I think we're also going to go with airplanes and / or cars. Maybe with purple or pink thrown in to make it a bit more feminine. We both firmly believe that little girls also can love little cars and things, and we would start her early on that. I get that there are gender differences and that any girl we have may end up playing with baby dolls or stuffed animals later. That being said, what little kid (boy or girl) doesn't love little cars? I have a couple of nieces, and they both love those sorts of things. Since encouraging a girl to be science-y is important to my husband and I, starting her out with cars and planes is a pretty good way to kick that off.

If this kid DOES turn out to be a girl, though, we're going to find a heck of a time finding lavender fabric with cars on it for the bedskirt and curtains. I don't think it's a very high-demand item.

It's a shame, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment