My Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, October 21, 2010

We ordered our glider!

The glider I've had my eye on went on sale today, so I ordered it. I was able to use $200 in gift cards (I actually had another $50 card, but Target wouldn't let me use it), and, with the sale, the $350 glider is only going to cost us $162, including delivery! I'm pretty pumped.

So, now we have a crib, changing table, and a glider on the way. We'll need some sort of dresser, too, but there's no rush to get that. We'll be getting rather inexpensive furniture. We're still renting right now, and I don't want to spend a bunch of money on furniture that may not work in a future house. Plus, I'm not really a big fan of spending a ton of money on baby furniture. Some people choose to do that, but it's not really our style.

Next, we have to make some decisions on other baby gear. (I say "we," but I really just mean "I." My husband really couldn't care less, although he has said he wants a Maclaren stroller. The reason? The name sounds the same as the McLaren F1 car, even though it's spelled differently. Weirdo.)

Speaking of strollers, this is the one I'm thinking about right now: A BabyJogger City Mini.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As strollers go, it's reasonably-priced. It's only about $250 (compared to $500+ that I've seen for other strollers). We want something that's relatively durable for our daily walks (I hope to be able to go on walks at least occasionally with the new little one), but it still needs to be light enough to get in and out of the car easily.

I have other thoughts on more gear, too, but I'll save that for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment