My Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Our first (big) baby purchase

Target was having a big baby furniture sale when we went there today - buy a crib and get a free changing table, basically. I had originally wanted to get a dresser and use it as a changing table, but this seemed like a great deal. We got both today. Here's a picture of the crib:



It's the Graco Lauren crib, and I've liked it for awhile. The one I posted a few weeks ago is no longer available at Target, and it was a lot more expensive than the one we just bought. We got this entire set for $160 for both the crib and changing table.

I'd still like to get a dresser and a glider. I think we can get a decent dresser from Target for about $250, and the glider is going to be about $400. Eek! That's a lot of money, but it will help that we'll be able to use the Target gift cards that we'll get from our credit card rewards.

We also got 3 baby books today - a book for each of us on pregnancy, and a book called "Baby Bargains" that's been recommended by everyone who has kids. It's been interesting so far, although it DID say that changing tables are a waste of money. Oh well! At least ours was free.

I'm obviously a little freaked about buying baby furniture (even if it was a great deal), but I know that Target has a 90 day return policy. I've saved the receipt, and, if something goes wrong, we'll be able to return the furniture.

It's starting to finally feel real. At least for now. I'm still in denial a bit because I still feel like it's too early to get excited. My first doctor appointment is in a little over 2 weeks, so I hope to feel a bit more reassured after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment