My Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A friend of a friend's baby

Someone I know through the grapevine (I'll just say she's a friend of a friend - I don't want to identify her any further here) has been married for several years. She's several years older than I am, so she's probably 34 or so. And, she and her husband love kids (I've seen them around kids several times). They both have stable jobs and a good marriage. It was pretty obvious to me, even someone who barely knew them, that they were dying to have a child of their own.

I've always suspected they suffered from infertility, although I barely know them. They just had looks in their eyes when they were playing with other people's children. Painful, longing looks from both the husband and the wife. I could see the sadness in their eyes, and I barely know them.

Today, through the wonders of Facebook, I found out that they have a daughter now. I'm not friends with either the husband or the wife on Facebook, but I have other friends who are. They've had a biological kid, it seems, and I'm so happy for them. It made my morning to know that a couple that I suspect has suffered to have a child of their own now finally does.

No comments:

Post a Comment