My Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, October 29, 2010

Weird responses to our news

At this point, we've pretty much been telling everyone about this pregnancy. I've told work, and I'm trying to tell as many people face-to-face as I can. So, it's been a frantic few days of giving everyone our news.

During these few days, I've had a few weird responses:

Several people that are NOT particularly good friends have asked if this baby was "planned." Excuse me? I think that would be inappropriate for someone to ask that if they were a good friend, but these are more of acquaintances anyway. Very weird. Highly inappropriate.

One person told me my face was getting fat. He used the word "round," but he meant fat. First, that isn't true - my face ISN'T fat. At least not yet. And second, WHO SAYS THAT?!?!?!

And then, tonight, I went to a Halloween party. The hostess (who I've met once before and whose husband is my boss's peer) rubbed my belly. I'm FOURTEEN FRIGGIN' WEEKS!!! I don't know you!!! Why are you touching me?

I know none of these people are trying to be mean, but what the heck? I get why someone would rub my belly, but I really can't understand why someone would tell me that my face was round or ask if the baby was planned.

What am I missing here? Are people just idiots, or are they trying to be somehow supportive or nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment