My Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A weighty issue

So far in this pregnancy, I've gained 5 pounds. When you read that, you probably think to yourself, "Well, that's not too much."

In your first trimester, you're supposed to gain 2-5 pounds. So, when I read that I've gained 5 pounds, my immediate thought is, "Oh no! I'm on the high end!" I try to talk myself down from those thoughts, though. I actually gained about 4 pounds almost right away (within about 2 weeks), and I've only really gained 1 pound since.

Gaining weight freaks me out a bit. Not a ton, but a bit. I've always been thin, through a combination of a fast metabolism and a LOT of time at the gym. The idea of gaining 30 pounds is really kind of scary to me.

I've always had the approach of trying to eat relatively food. I eat when I'm hungry, and I eat until I'm full. And, I go to the gym 4 days per week with cardio / walks about 6 days per week. So far, I've been able to keep up that same schedule since I got pregnant (other than the week of gym time that I took off because I felt sick), and I'm hoping to continue that plan for as long as possible.

I'm also trying to come to grips with the idea that my body is never going to be the same after this kid gets here. I'm not sure how I'm going to come out the other side, but something is definitely going to be different.

I'm just going to concentrate on being as healthy as I can and not worrying about things that I can't change.

I'll even predict my total weight gain. I bet I'll gain 30 pounds. As scary as that sounds, it's right in the middle of the healthy range of 25-35 pounds of weight gain. Now, I just need to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. I understand where you are coming from, I too am fit and on the healthy side of thin. Gaining the recommended 25-25 lbs freaks me out. I know it's for all the right reasons but still makes me cringe a little. Just remember the amazing reason for the gain.

    ReplyDelete