My Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I turned 29 today. This birthday was a part of the reason we decided to start a family now. We need to start considering our ages. As I mentioned before, I know that 29 isn't too old to have a baby, but I feel like I don't want to be 35 when I'm having my last kid. Just a personal preference.

This birthday has been pretty terrible, given the loss of our cat a few days ago. I miss him terribly - we both do. It's getting a little easier, though. I haven't been randomly crying today like I had been for the previous couple of days. I'm going back to work tomorrow, and I hope that proves to be a bit of a distraction.

In other news, I finished a baby blanket that I've been working on. I learned to crochet several years ago, and I mostly make baby blankets. So far, I've been giving them away, but I think I'm going to keep this one in case we have a girl someday. It took FOREVER (months). There were 99 little flower squares to be made, and then they all had to be sewn together. I think it's beautiful, but it has definitely been a pain. Here are a couple of pictures:




I love it, even if it did take forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment